Tuesday 11 October 2005

I will never leave you or forsake you

“There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” - Joshua 1v5

Moses was dead. He had gone to Mt Nebo at God’s instruction and God had buried him there.

His successor, Joshua was about to take control of the people in preparation for entering into the Promised Land. God repeats a promise He had made to Abraham, “I will be with you, I will not fail you or forsake you.”

What blessed assurance is to be found in this few words – “I will not lave you or forsake you.” Joshua was facing a mighty challenge, that of conquering the land of Canaan. The enemy was strong and the battles would be intense. There were still giants in the land. Yet, Joshua could go in confidence that God would go with him and would never fail him!

Even more wonderful is the fact that God makes the same promise to us!” In Hebrews 13v5 we are told to be content, and not to be covetous, because God has promised, “I will never leave you or forsake you.” We all face our own battles and challenges. As we live for Him we will encounter many enemies, but we can rest assured that God is with us, and that He will never, never, in any way, ever, ever leave us!

No comments: