Tuesday 20 December 2005

The Lord forbid that I should raise my hand against His anointed

“And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD's anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD.” I Samuel 24v6

From all appearance God had delivered Saul right into his hands. Saul chased him with the intent of killing him. Yet, David discovered where Saul was and approached him while he slept. His could have killed him and no one would have blamed. He could not bring himself to do so and only cut off a corner of his robe.

David could not harm Saul. He knew that Saul was God’s anointed leader. No matter what happened David knew it would be wrong to take matters into his own hands. He knew the principle of “vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord.”
David sets a pattern for us. He was able to trust God in every situation. He was able to walk by faith that God would work it our instead of walking by sight and killing Saul.

No comments: