Monday 13 February 2006

Hezekiah’s testimony

“I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore”. - 2 Kings 20v3

Hezekiah was just not ready to die. As he became ill and realised hat the end was near he cried out to God with a testimony which God did not refute. Here is his testimony. “Lord, I have:

· Walked before you all the days of my life
· Walked with a loyal heart
· Done what is good in your sight

What kind of prayer could you and I pray if we were on our deathbeds today asking God to extend our lives. Could we say that we have always walked before God with a loyal heart doing that which was good in His eyes?

May we strive to have that kind of testimony when we approach the end of our mortal lives.

No comments: