Sunday 26 March 2006

I prayed to God, I said to the king…and the mighty hand of the Lord was upon me

“Then the king said unto me, For what dost thou make request? So I prayed to the God of heaven. And I said unto the king, … And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.” - Nehemiah 2v4-8

One day Nehemiah was going about his normal task of serving the king when the king noted that Nehemiah had a sad countenance that he had never had before. Nehemiah was burdened because of the state of Jerusalem. When the king asked him what the problem was Nehemiah was afraid to respond.

Nehemiah did the right thing. He prayed to God and then He talked to the king. Too often we get it confused, we talk or act first and then we talk to God about it. When Nehemiah had his priorities right he talked to God, then the king, and the hand of God was upon Him.

Before we can expect God’s hand to be upon us we must do it right, talk to God, and then act; not the other way around.

No comments: