Sunday 9 April 2006

Blessed be the name of the Lord

“And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.” - Job 1v21

Job certainly had the right perspective on the things of this world. When all the bad news came he fell down and worshipped. When it was gone he had has the perfect response – I was born with nothing and when I die I am going to have nothing. God gives me what He wants and He takes when He wants, blessed be the name of the Lord.

God’s name is to be blessed no matter how we perceive what He is doing. He is worthy of praise not because of what He does, but because of who He is. All of that in entailed in His name. His perfect name does not change, and therefore He is ALWAYS worthy of our praise!

At the end we have these notable words as well – “In all this Job did not sin by accusing God.”

God is perfect and His ways are right. He is always worthy of our worship. We fail only when we focus on our present circumstance instead of on Him.

No comments: