Thursday 18 May 2006

He delivered me from all my fears

“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.” - Psalms 34v4

Fear is debilitating. No one can ever hope to get anything accomplished when they are walking in fear. What kind of fears are we talking about? Fear of the future, fear of failure, fear of rejection, and fear of the unknown are some of the fears that can trouble us.

What is behind these fears? For one thing it is not God, for He does not give us a spirit of fear. The basic reason for fear is a wrong focus and lack of faith. We are afraid when we do not trust God. The psalmist wrote “What time I am afraid I will trust in thee.”

Fear and faith are incompatible. They are mutually exclusive. If we are going to succeed in this life we must replace fear with faith. When we seek Him He will deliver us from our fears.

No comments: