Friday 5 May 2006

I will sing to the Lord

“I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.” - Psalms 13v6

Psalm 13 starts with David in desperation. He is not sure what God is doing. Since he does not know what is going on he asked God a series of questions.

· How long will you forget me?
· How long will you turn your face from me?
· How long will my enemy be exalted?

We all face times when we don’t know what to do and it is hard to understand what God is doing. Too often I know that I have spent far too much time trying to figure out what God is doing instead of trusting Him.

David did not wait for the situation to improve – he simply decided to trust in God’s mercy and put his hope in God’s salvation. When he made that decision he was able to say, “I will sing to the Lord because he has dealt bountifully with me.”

We have a choice in hard times. We can get bogged down in the trial, or we can trust in the goodness of God and learn to sing praises to Him no matter what the situation.

No comments: