Saturday 6 May 2006

The Lord is the portion of my inheritance

“The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.” - Psalms 16v5

Sometimes it may seem that we are not getting our proper share in this life. The world seems to just roll on and on, prosperity is all around us, and it seems like everyone is getting a bigger slice of the pie than we are. Yet Psalm 16t is a poignant reminder that we have the best slice of the pie.

“The Lord is the portion of my inheritance.” When the final last will and testament is read my “cut” is going to be the ultimate one. God is my share of the inheritance. His inheritance is incorruptible, it is undefiled, and it will never fade away. All that we see around us is going to be gone one say. Moth and rust will corrupt, dirt and dust will defile, and fire and storms will make it all pass away.

My inheritance is for all eternity. Praise God that He is my “slice of the pie.”

No comments: