Sunday 4 June 2006

Evening, and at morning, and at noon I will pray

“Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.” - Psalms 55v17

What a testimony and what a challenge from David. Whenever I read passages like this my heart is smitten at the lack of prayer in my own life. To my honest, at best my own testimony might be, evening, or noon, or night I will pray.

Why is pray such a difficult part of the Christian life? Why am I not a better “pray-er”? Why can so few of us say with David, “Evening, and morning, and at noon will I pray and cry aloud?”

For the most part I think it is a combination of selfishness and a lack of faith. It is selfish because I always seem to have something better to do, or someplace to be. It is a lack of faith because maybe I don’t really believe the next part of the phrase – “and He will hear my voice.”

Lord, thank you for your convicting voice in your Word. May I be the “pray-er “ that you want me to be.

No comments: