Tuesday 13 June 2006

Hope and praise

“But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more. My mouth shall show forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof. I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.” - Psalms 71v14-16

Our hope in the Lord should be a continual source of praise in out lives. Yet, our hopeful resting in the Lord to deliver us from a difficult situation should not a quiet time of just resting. While we hope and praise we are to be active. Look what the psalmist said he would be doing while he hoped –

· Praise the Lord more and more
· Speak of God’s righteousness and salvation
· Go forth in the strength of the Lord

It is one thing to wait patiently on the Lord and hope in Him, but while we are waiting and hoping lets be about the tasks of serving Him.

No comments: