Monday 19 June 2006

“I wills” for those who dwell in God’s secret place

“Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.” - Psalms 91v14-16

The whole of Psalm 91 describes the benefits for those who dwell in the secret place of the Most High and under the shadow of His wing. At the end of the psalm God’s promises to those who choose to live there are summarised:

I will deliver him
I will set him on high
I will answer him
I will be with him in trouble
I will deliver him
I will honour him
I will satisfy him
I will show him my salvation

We struggle day after day trying to make headway in the midst of this wicked world. God wants us to dwell in His secret place of communion with Him.

Where would you rather focus your time and effort?

No comments: