Tuesday 6 June 2006

In God I will praise His word


“What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.”
- Psalms 56v3-4

The Bible talks a lot about fear for God/s people. Perhaps that is because God knows that fear is something that His people will always face. Verse three simply says that when I am afraid I will trust God. Verse four tells us how to put it into practice.

“In God I will praise His word…” God’s word is packed with lessons and encouragements on how to not be afraid. Therefore in Him His word is worthy of praise. If I see his word as worthy of praise I have a place to put my trust.

Then, after I give praise for His word and put my trust in Him I can say – “I will not fear what flesh can do to me.” Flesh is powerless against our Lord and because of that we can put fear to flight.

No comments: