Thursday 29 June 2006

Perfect Pity

“Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.” - Psalms 103v13

Every normal father loves his children. That love motivates a father to do all that he can do for his children, and to do what He knows is best for them. When my adult children call or ask for advice or help I will do anything I can within my capabilities and my knowledge of what is good for them to help them. This is not conditional on what they are doing, my love for them is a father’s love and it is not conditional. My “pity” on them is a father’s pity and it is not conditional.

Those who fear God are His children. As our Father He shows is His perfect pity. He is all-knowing, so He knows what I really need. He knows my heart and my emotions so He understands. He is all-powerful so He can do anything He desires to help me. Because of all of this my Father can show perfect pity. I may and do err in showing pity to my children, but my Father never errs in showing pity to me.

1 comment:

American Daughter said...

Hello, Roger from Kildare, Ireland. I enjoyed my visit to your weblog.

It came about in a surprising way. I was testing the new semantic search app Sphere It! on an article about the old TV show "Father Knows Best" starring Robert Young which is on our Forum Page.

If only all the world's fathers would try to reflect the fatherhood of God, there would be no cultural problems.