Sunday 23 July 2006

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me

“Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.” - Psalms 139v5-6

Some things are just too amazing to comprehend. One of those concepts in the concept that the God who created the universe cares about me. In this passage David is overwhelmed with this truth. “God has encircled me. He has hedged me in from the front and the rear. He has laid His hand upon.”

I love this picture of God putting His hand on me. When I think back to sad, hurtful, and lonely times in my life there was always a friend there to literally or figuratively put their arm around me and give me comfort. There is someone to reach out their hand and say, “We can get through this.” There is something very special about a friend’s touch in hard times.

David says here that God “laid his hand upon me.” Like David said this is too much to comprehend, it is so high that I will never really get it so I must accept what God says by faith. God’s wonderful hand of comfort is there, He reaches out to me in hard times and lets me know by His touch that we can get through it.
Praise the Lord for this marvelous truth that I really can’t understand!

No comments: