Sunday 20 August 2006

Mind your own business

“He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.” - Proverbs 26v17

Two of my sons have the scars of going face to face with dogs. On each of their lips is a small scar. Both of them, at different times, were innocent victims of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

On the other hands, my pastor has a scar on his lip. When he was young he though it would be a good idea to staple his dogs ears together. When he grabbed the dog’s ears, the dog lashed out and bit him on the mouth. Pastor deserved what he got!

It is the second scenario that God uses to describe the foolishness of getting involved in a fight that is not ours. We need to learn to mind our own business instead of getting involved in other’s fights.
Lord, help me to mind my business and keep my nose on my own face.

No comments: