Thursday 28 September 2006

You are mine

“But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.” - Isaiah 43v1

This little verse is packed with blessings. In context the Lord is referring to the physical redemption of His people from Babylon, but it is evident from the rest of Scripture that this is a type of His ultimate redemption of His people through the Redeemer Messiah.

God tells His people of the time, and ultimately all the redeemed:

Don’t be afraid
I have redeemed you
I have called you by name
You are mine

It is only the last that I want to see today. What a precious truth to read about. Because I am redeemed I now belong to the Creator of the universe. I am no longer owned by sin, I am not longed owned by the world, and I am no longer even owned by my flesh. I am His!

I am His! That means He cares for me as His possession. He treasures me as His own and all that He brings into my life is because He cares for me and knows all that is best for me.
Now I belong to Jesus, Jesus belongs to me, not for the years of time alone, but for eternity.

No comments: