Friday 6 October 2006

Abundant pardon

“Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.” - Isaiah 55v7

In Isaiah 55 we find a wonderful invitation where God is calling out to all who are thirsting to come to Him. God gives many kinds of wonderful offers, but what sticks out in my mind this time through is the phrase “He will abundantly pardon.”

When I consider my own sin, the fact that God laid the full load of my iniquity on Christ, the fact that Christ ever lives and to make intercession for me, and the fact that He provides an abundant pardon for my sin I am overwhelmed by His goodness.
He not only pardoned my sin, but He provided an “abundant” pardon. This pardon is “exceeding, abundant, above all we could ask or think. Not only did He pardon my load if iniquities, but He did so in an overwhelming manner in a way that I cannot really comprehend. All I can do is give Him all the praise and glory for His exceedingly abundant pardon.

No comments: