Saturday 21 October 2006

I remember you

“Go and cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of thine espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness, in a land that was not sown.” - Jeremiah 2v2

I am always amazed at the concept that a perfect, holy, sinless God would choose to remember imperfect, wicked, sinful souls like us. Here of course He is talking about His people, Israel, but He sets down a principle that He does remember His people.

God remembers the early days of our relationship with Him. He remembers the “honeymoon” time when we walked close to Him, followed Him, and were willing to go wherever He called us. It reminds me of the church in Revelation that had “left their first love.”

It is sad how often that while He remembers us, we do not remember Him. While we far too often forget about Him, He never, ever forgets about us.
Once again I am amazed at our awesome God. His remembers me because He loves me with His perfect love. I can forget about Him because my love is imperfect. Praise God that I can love Him because He first loved me!

No comments: