Thursday 5 October 2006

Its not what you know its Who you know

“Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.” - Isaiah 53v12

We use the phrase “Its not what you know its who you know,” all the time. We all find that this is very true when it comes to trying to get something done. No matter how much you know about rules and policies – it always helps to know someone on the “inside” who can help you get it done.

If I were Christ I would certainly have tired long ago of me and my sin. Not only did Jesus go to the cross to bear my sins, but He continues to always and ever intercede for me. Hebrews 7v25 says – “Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.” He carried my sins to the cross, He bore my iniquities, He fully paid the price and though I at time go blithely on sinning, He still intercedes for me.

I could know all about sin and salvation, but unless I know the Intercessor I am without hope in this world. Praise God He intercedes for me even when I choose to go on my own way.

How can I take sin so lightly? How can I ever knowingly consider a choice to sin? How can I choose to follow the flesh instead of the Spirit?
Lord, remind me daily of not only Your supreme sacrifice on the cross, but your daily work of intersession. Remind me that every time I sin, I take selfish advantage of Your work.

No comments: