Wednesday 6 December 2006

The Great Shepherd

“For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out. As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.” - Ezekiel 34v11-12

Fortunately, in spite of the unfaithful shepherds, we have a Great Shepherd Who is always faithful. It is such a blessing to know that He always cares for His sheep. This section is reminiscent of the New Testament story about the shepherd who leaves in ninety-nine sheep to go after one who has gone astray. To the Great Shepherd each and every sheep is important.

Men are doomed the fail – human shepherds will fail at times. But our Great Shepherd will never fail us.

No comments: