Wednesday 7 February 2007

I will look to the Lord

“Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.” - Micah 7v7

When Micah looked around him he must have been tempted to despair. There was nothing good to be seen. Sin was rampant, the political and religious leaders were corrupt, and even family and friends could not be trusted.

I think we probably have all been through times like that. It just seems like everything is coming down around our heads. At times like that I think we have all been tempted to just through up our hands and quit.

I’m sure Micah was tempted to do the same, but he made another choice. He decided that he would look to the Lord and wait on Him for His answer. How could he simply decide to just sit back and wait on God?

The answer is that he had the faith to say – “My God will hear me!” Micah knew that no matter what happened God would hear Him. He had the kind of raw faith that could just say, “God is going to do the right thing and I will rest in that.”

How often do we respond this way when things are coming apart at the seems? By God’s grace may we learn to respond like Micah did!

No comments: