Tuesday 10 July 2007

In the beginning was the Word

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” - John 1v1

This is one of those verses that we have read and heard so often that we can quote it off without giving it a second thought. Yet, it is something that we cannot lust lay aside in our bank of basic knowledge and move on.

What is the import of this simple line? “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” What this means to me is that the very Creator and Sustainer of the universe, God Himself lives and dwells in me. The eternal Logos came to earth to die for and live and empower me to live for Him.

Does my life reflect the Word, or does it reflect me? When people see me on the street, at school, or in the workplace who do they see? When I consider who dwells with me the natural result should be to honour and glorify Him by the life I live.

What impact does the eternal Word have on my life everyday?

No comments: