Thursday 22 November 2007

First, I thank my God …for you all

“First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.” - Romans 1v8

What a great message for this American Thanksgiving Day. Paul had a lot to say to the church at Rome. He had a lot to deal with. But right after his greetings he said, “First, I thank God for you.”

We have a lot to be thankful for, more than we could list. The American Christian Thanksgiving tradition is to have a time of giving thanks during Thanksgiving week. It is always a blessing to hear what God has done everyone.

My heart was challenged my Paul’s words this morning. The very first thing he did in this lengthy letter was to express thanks for the people and for their testimony. Their faith was known all over the world and Paul was thankful for that as will.

Thank God for each other. Let’s consider today the great opportunity to give thanks for the blessing of fellow saints, fellow soldiers, and fellow servants. May we have the faith that is know the world over.

No comments: