Thursday 20 December 2007

No comparison

“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” - Romans 8v18

How does Joni Erickson Tada do it? Made a quadriplegic by a diving accident she has developed a tremendous ministry to the hurting and disabled and is a constant encouragement through here ministries.

How does Nick Vujicic do it? Born with no arms and no legs he has an amazing ministry of preaching and sharing the gospel as he shows forth the love of God.

How does a man in a video I saw recently do it? Made totally bedridden by a disease he gives constant testimony to God’s plan for his life. He exudes the love of Christ in his life.

And then I look at me. I panic when the dollar weakens. I get upset when my back hurts. I don’t like it when the church struggles. I don’t like it when I am inconvenienced. I get upset when people I trust turn on my. I am mighty quick to jump into pity party pit.

Why do I differ from folks like mentioned above? I am sure that they have moments of worry and despair. I am sure that they are not always on top of the world. But, I think they have truly copped on to something I need to learn. They understand Romans 8v18. They know that all the troubles that we experience now are not even worthy to be compared to the glories we will experience with Christ. They focus on the unseen when I focus on the seen.

O for a heart that truly grasps the truth of this verse. O for a spirit that recognises that the troubles of today are no comparison to the glory that we will one day experience.

Lord, give me a heart that sees the truth of “No comparison.”

No comments: