Sunday 1 June 2008

All things under his feet


And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. - Ephesians 1v22-23

I really like the teaching on the church from the books of Ephesians. It helps us to grasp the amazing power that we have.

There are times when we don’t really feel like we have much power. There are times we feel totally weak, miserable, and hopeless. There are times when we feel like far from having the power of Christ, we have no power at all.

It is times like this when I have to act by faith, and not by sight. At the end of the day Christ is in charge of the church, His body. He is obviously, as God, over all, but there is a specific manner in which applies to the Church, for it is its head and we are His body.

This passage reminds us that we, as the church, have all the fullness of Christ in us. It is his fullness, not my weakness or inability to know how to deal with things that needs to carry me through.

This is a step further than the thoughts from yesterday. Not only is it the resurrection power working in me, it is all the fullness of Christ working in me.

May I ever rely on His fullness, not on the emptiness of my abilities.

No comments: