Tuesday 19 August 2008

In Him all things consist

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. – Colossians 1v16-17


Sometimes I wish I could just experience a little bit of consistency. Things change so quickly. Just when I get the impression that things are finally going to carry on for a little while, something happens to remind me that nothing in life is going to be consistent. Situations and circumstances are going to change. It is just part of life.

Yet, I am reminded today that there is a consistency. Since all things consist in Christ He is the ultimate, and indeed the only place that we can look to for consistency. He is consistent and all things consist in Him. He never changes; all things carry on in Him. He holds all things together, everything stands firm in Him.

Praise the Lord that I can find consistency in the One in whom all things consist!

No comments: