Wednesday 10 September 2008

Do it heartily

And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, - Colossians 3v23


We have already read that whatever we do we need to be able to do it the name of the Lord. All of our actions must be those things that we can do for Him. Even our leisure and fun activities must be those things that we can do and not be ashamed at His coming.

That being the case whatever we do we need to do with all of our hearts. There is no room for lackadaisical Christianity. There is also no room for a Christianity that seeks to please other. Our lives are to be lived for Him. That doesn’t mean that we can ignore others. We are not to offend them. We are not to use our liberty in Christ to serve our flesh. Our liberty in Christ must be used to put each other first. It does mean that as I go through this life and as I live it ‘heartily’ my primary focus is to live it for the Lord and not for others.

As I go through this day, and every day, may I do whatever I do heartily, and may I do it for Him.

No comments: