Wednesday 15 October 2008

To show all longsuffering

However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. - 1 Timothy 1v16

‘Man, if God can save Saul He can save anyone!’ That must have been the attitude of people who knew Saul/Paul. Paul, before salvation, was as bad as they come. Since God can save the chiefest of sinners He can save anyone. Paul was glad that God could save him and use him as an example to others.

This got me to thinking though about my own longsuffering toward others. Since God was longsuffering enough to save Paul, and indeed me, what does that say about my lack of patience toward others?

Since God saved me, and continues to me patient with me, what right do I, an imperfect man, have to be less than patient with those around me?

No comments: