Friday 30 January 2009

Entertain strangers

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. – Hebrews 13v2

Hospitality is one of the character traits that God expects believers to posses and exercise. ‘Do not forget to entertain strangers…’ is the simple instruction.

God expects His children to treat everyone well and to open our hearts and homes to them. After all, we never really know who we are going to entertain. They could be anyone, and in this case they may even be angels. Now, I don’t know a whole lot about that, but I do know that God’s instruction to entertain strangers is a clear as it can be.

Don’t forget to entertain strangers – you never know who they might be!

2 comments:

Anthrow said...

I don't know if you remember me, but I remember posting all the time 3 or 4 years ago to a little forum site called Baptist Times Forums and remember reading a few posts of yours. Anyway, what happened to the poor little forum I used to post upon rampantly in the past? Did everyone secretly move to a new forum while I wasn't looking? :)
Much appreciated,
Antho

Naas Preacher said...

Sadly that forum kind of died of lack of interest :(