Monday 12 January 2009

He who is coming will come

 For yet a little while, and he is coming will come and will not tarry – Hebrews 10v37 

Here we sit. Almost 2000 years later and we wait for the fulfilment of Jesus’ words ‘I will receive you unto myself.’ John looked for that day when he wrote ‘Even so come Lord Jesus.’ St Patrick of Ireland wrote “I look for the soon advent of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.’ 

And yet, today is the 12th of January, 2009. If our reckoning is close Jesus left about 1,925 years ago. When I was first saved back in the 70s everyone was writing about the return of Christ and how world affairs proved it had to happen then. I have become weary of headline prophets who based their teaching on the newspapers instead of on the word of God. 

Despite all of this we have the irrefutable promises of God’ Word. ‘I will come again and receive you unto myself.’ “This same Jesus will return in like manner.’ And here in Hebrews ‘He who is coming will come.’ 

Hebrews says that it is a ‘little while.’ The truth is that it is a little while in God’s eyes and His eternal scheme. Any time period in a timeless eternity is a little while. The wonderful truth is that the One who said that He is coming is indeed coming back. That ‘little while’ may very well be wrapped up today!

 

Praise God that the one who is coming will indeed come. May my life reflect the assurance of His coming. 

No comments: