Friday 10 April 2009

Have a good day

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. – 1 Peter 3v10-11

“Have a good day’ is one of those sayings that we almost repeat without thinking. It is interesting that the word of God actually tells us how to have good days.

You want to love life? You want to have good days? Here’s what you do:

Watch what you say about people
Hate evil and do good
Seek peace, in fact, pursue it

If there were a ‘good day ticklist’ this would be well suited for the role. I know that we are called to live godly lives and that there is more to this, but I think this is a great place to start.

If I keep my tongue from all evil, if I refuse to speak those venomous words, if I put off evil and do good, and if I chase after peace chances are I will have a good day, at least in my own heart! When I do that, my day is good no matter what the circumstances.

Have a good day! Its really up to you!

No comments: