Sunday 23 August 2009

It's Too Late

He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." - Revelation 22v11

'I'll get around to it,' is that attitude that a lot of us take when it comes to dealing with anything serious. I was talking to my son just the other day about this and how much I hate dealing with anything 'official.'

The problem is that sometimes we have to deal with this stuff before it is too late. We have deadlines that we just have to meet. If we don’t meet those deadlines we have to pay the consequences. As much as I might not want to do, eventually I must do the things I don’t want to do. The bad thing is that most of the time they are nothing to fear, I just don’t want the hassle of doing it.

Sadly, there is an eternal deadline. The rest of the book here tells the world what to do before this deadline gets here, but right hear the angel explains the finality of it all. The unjust will remain unjust. The filthy will remain filthy. The righteous will remain righteous and the holy will be holy. If it has not been dealt with by now it is too late. The second, third, fourth, fifth chances are over. It is eternally too late.

This is a deadline that people can’t afford to mess with. Christ of going to give one more explanation of the gospel in the last few verses. We will see that in the next few days.

As much as I hate deadlines and dealing with things it is always a great feeling when I get it done early. We would do well to deal with this deadline in plenty of time.

No comments: