Friday 14 August 2009

No more tears

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." – Revelation 21v4

A few years ago Johnson’s Baby Shampoo ran an ad where the slogan was ‘no more tears.’ It had a lot of appeal because one of the worst things about washing a baby’s hair is the crying when the shampoo gets in their eyes. The impact of the ad was fantastic and it really hit home to parents.

Here is Revelation 21v4 we have our own 100% guaranteed ‘no more tears’ promise and I have to tell you that it has great appeal. I am far from old yet, but am beginning to see the reality of life and death. My mom and dad are both gone several years now as they died quite young, but now I am beginning to see my friend’s parents die in a pretty regular basis. Just last week I got word that a dear older friend had passed away. He was a man I worked for and I became very close to him and his family. It kind of caught me off guard. I was quite moved and tears came to my eyes. I received an email from his wife this morning and I was once again moved to tears. I know that as the years go by, should the Lord tarry and I live on, this is only going to get worse.

Death and sorrow and crying and pain are sadly a part of our lives. I still sorrow at times when I think of my own mom and dad and little sister. To my mind they left far too soon and I miss them. Even now as I type tears are coming to my eyes again.

People talk about ‘getting over’ the death of a loved one. I don’t think we ever do ‘get over it.;’ at least not while we are here. But the day is coming when we will no longer have to bear those tears and hurts and pains.

One day God is going to wipe away every tear from our eyes. All the ‘former things’ will be done away with and we will not have to deal with our tears, death, sorrow, crying, and pain. I have to say that I am really looking forward to that aspect of eternity.

“No more tears’ is an appealing promise.

1 comment:

Candi said...

"And in the end, the end is oceans and oceans of Love and Love again. We'll see how the tears that have fallen were caught in the palms
of the Giver of love and the Lover of all, and we'll look back on these tears as old tales...'Cause after the last tear falls there is Love" - that is going to be so very great!