Saturday 15 August 2009

Sin sin!

And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. – Revelation 21v6

A few years ago an Irish radio host closed his daily programme with the words ‘sin sin (pronounced shin shin).” The phrase means ‘that’s that’ and is a shortened version of ‘Sin sin! Tá sé déanta’ (taw shay daynta) meaning ‘that’s that, it is done.’

I have loved the phrase ‘sin sin’ ever since and often, when I get done with a job or a task I will brush my hands together and say ‘Well, sin sin.’ I love the feeling of ‘The job is done, that’s all, it is finished.’

Here at the close of Revelation we read the words ‘It is done.’ I think there is only one other time when God says these words is when Jesus said ‘it is finished’ from the cross.

At that time He was saying that all the work of redemption was done. Here He is more conclusive. Now there is finality to it all. The work that began ‘In the beginning’ has come to a conclusion and God says ‘It is done.’

From now on evil is finished, sin is conquered, and Satan is defeated. For all eternity there will now be perfect union and peace with God. All the junk we are dealing with today will be gone.

Sin sin, it is done. Time for a whole new programme!

No comments: