Wednesday 13 January 2010

The Lord make His face to shine upon you

"The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace." ' "So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them." – Numbers 6v24-27

I am afraid that one part of our lives is going to pop up a lot in the next few months. Michelle’s illness has become a major part of our lives and has caused us to see life, living, and eternity in a whole new light.

Yesterday Matt went to the hospital early. Later in the day Mary and I loaded the girls in the car and headed to the hospital for a visit. We have a really long run of icy and snowy weather. As we headed in the snow started back again, and I was dreaded the rest of the trip, the visit, and the drive home, but we headed on in to Tallaght.

We got there; I dropped Mary and the girls off and went to the car park. I meant for them to go on up to Michelle, but I am glad they didn’t. When we walked into the room together Michelle lit up like a light bulb when she saw her girls. Her face shone on the sight of the daughters that she must miss so desperately. It was a shine of love, caring, and compassion. Mary and I were able to see a true picture of Michelle’s face shining on her little girls.

That look that Michelle gave Morgann and Maddie must be something like the shine that Moses is talking about here.

What a blessing to think of God looking on us the same way Michelle looked on those little girls yesterday.

No comments: