Thursday 25 February 2010

Don’t test Him

"You shall not tempt the LORD your God as you tempted Him in Massah. – Deuteronomy 6v16

The list of reminders to the people of Israel continues on. Now we read ‘Do not tempt, or test, the Lord your God.’ God used the setting of the testing at Massah to remind the people of what it meant to test God.

At Massah the people were discouraged and were doubting God. They wondered if God was really there with them. They wondered if maybe this particular incident was too hard for God. God has sorted everything else out, but this time it is just too much.

With this illustration of testing God it is obvious to see how we test God. I know I covered this a few weeks ago when we looked at Meribah and Massah, but when I cam across it today I was reminded about just how important this is.

Yesterday was one of those ‘poor me’ days when I had to keep reminding myself that God is the one who is in control. A couple of things are going on at the moment where I cannot see a good resolution.

God is in control. He can work through these situations. He can do it. May each of us continue to avoid the Massahs of our lives.

No comments: