Tuesday 29 June 2010

Who am I?

Then King David went in and sat before the LORD; and he said: "Who am I, O Lord GOD? And what is my house, that You have brought me this far? And yet this was a small thing in Your sight, O Lord GOD; and You have also spoken of Your servant's house for a great while to come. Is this the manner of man, O Lord GOD? – 2 Samuel 7v18-19

Despite all that has happened David still had a proper view of man’s relationship to God. ‘Who am I that You have brought me this far?’ David asked.

It is difficult for us to really grasp this concept. Most of us have grown up hearing from society that we really are not that bad. We are okay. Society cannot accept the truth that man is really as bad as he is. Or, for that matter, that God is as awesome as He is.

‘Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin would look on me in love?’ These words from a Christian song express the feelings that David expressed above.

Who are we that God would even bother with us? We were rebels, enemies of God. We deserved no more than death, hell, and eternal punishment.

But God looked loved us while we were still sinners. He died for us in our sinful state.

We are nothing without God – nothing.

In Him we are everything!

No comments: