Wednesday 14 July 2010

He delighted in me


He also brought me out into a broad place; He delivered me because He delighted in me. – 2 Samuel 22v20

God delighted in me. That thought ought to astound us every time we read it. How can a perfect, holy, sinless God delight in anyone who is as imperfect, unholy, and sinful being such as us?

David goes on to talk about he has behaved uprightly and walked in God’s commandments. He states that as the basis for God’s delight. I don’t understand that, because we all know what David was actually like. We know he failed and failed again.

But, here and now is not the time to go into that. I’ll have to look at that later.

The key to me is the fact that God would EVER, under any circumstance, delight in us! Man is wicked. We are sinners by our nature and sinners by our practice.

It is only because of God’s love that He can delight in us. There is nothing in us that earns His delight.

Praise God that he delights in me despite who I am.

1 comment:

feesher said...

Hi. When I read this chapter, too, I was surprised that he kept talking about how he was upright; in the Psalms, however, he often speaks of his failures. Interesting, isn't it?