Monday 19 July 2010

The word of the Lord is proven

As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. – 2 Samuel 22v31

Believe it or not there are a few things I am learning as the years go by. I am learning that there is not a whole lot that I can really count on. I can’t count on my bank account. I can’t count on my success. I can’t count on the government. I can’t count on my job. None of these things have proven themselves as reliable.

I will say that there are some things that I can count on. I can count on my family. I can count on my wife. I can count on my church. I can generally count on my friends.

Saying that, try as they might my family and wife and church and friends are not perfect. They may let me down or disappoint me because of circumstances beyond their control. There is only thing that I can always and without fear count on.

In thirty some years of being a Christian one thing has never failed. It has proven itself time after time. God’s word never, ever fails. I have watched it prove itself true time after time after time. There have been times when it did not make sense. Even then it has been proven true, faithful, right, and trustworthy.

God’s word has proven itself. Why is it so hard to trust it every time we have a problem?

No comments: