Monday 20 September 2010

Proclaim the good news

Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples. For the LORD is great and greatly to be praised; He is also to be feared above all gods. – 1 Chronicles 16v23-25

Things were finally coming together for Israel. The Ark of the Covenant had finally been restored to the Tabernacle. David, as the political and religious leader of the nation wanted to make sure that the people did not miss the significance.

Not only was David their king and spiritual leader, he was also a great songwriter. Music has a powerful impact. Songs have a tendency to get stuck in your head for either good or bad.

So David wrote a psalm to be sung at special occasions. It is typical of his psalms, but one thing really stuck out today.

‘Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders to all peoples.’

David’s challenge to those folks speaks to my heart today. I look at that and wonder if I am doing today what he challenged those people to do all those years ago. Am I proclaiming the good news of His salvation? Do I declare His glory to the nations? Do I tell the people of His wonders in my life?

How do we measure up to David’s challenge?

No comments: