Sunday 2 January 2011

He also shall be my salvation


He also shall be my salvation, For a hypocrite could not come before Him. – Job 13v16

Job continues his thought. You can almost hear the confidence building. Though his situation has not changed, his attitude is changing. He knows his situation is rotten, but he also has that deep abiding confidence that God is control. He will trust God even if God kills him. He may talk about his pain and grief, but that doesn’t change the fact that he knows that, when it is all said and done and his miserable life comes to its conclusion that God will be his salvation.

He knows that that salvation is not reliant on him or his circumstances. When the time comes, God’s perfect time, Job will be delivered and God will do the delivering.

I know that I can get my eyes off of that focus. I know that I can get so caught up and so consumed with my problems and difficulties and trials and fears and worries and griefs that I can forget that I do have a saviour, I do have a deliverer, I do have the One who will one day consummate my salvation.

Yes, my eternal salvation is already accomplished. And yes, I am being delivered day after day after day. But I have to say that I long for the day when my salvation will be complete. I long to see my Salvation face to face.

The race that God has called us to is a long one. It requires patience. It will often be a struggle.

But my Salvation is at the finish line. I can only imagine what it will be like when I finally see Him.

No comments: