Saturday 26 February 2011

At my right hand

I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will rest in hope. For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. - Psalm 16v8-11

I remember many years ago when Beth and Stacie were very young. Their relationship was really, really close. You could not separate them. They went everywhere together. When the Shavers went some place Beth went. When we went some place Stacie went.

I remember this especially when they went some place that was unfamiliar. If they were in the least uncomfortable they held hands and stuck together like glue. You could not separate them. They needed each other to get through scary times.

We live in very scary times ourselves. If you are watching the news it seems like it is some kind of end times Hollywood production. We never know what we are going to see on our news feeds. What could possibly be next?

So how do we do it? How do we face the next bad news?

We need someone to hold our hand and walk by our side. We need someone to give us hope and confidence.

We have Someone. Not only that our Someone can do a lot more than Beth and Stacie could do for each other.

Our Someone cannot be moved. Our Someone allows us to rest in the assurance that He will see us through. Our Someone will keep us from corruption. Our Someone provides true pleasures that will last forever.

Praise God that He is the One going through these scary and uncertain times with us.

No comments: