Wednesday 2 March 2011

I will call upon the Lord

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. - Psalm 18v2-3

I realise that is an oft repeated phrase and that it has made its share of appearances in these thoughts. I repeat it today simply because it spoke to my heart in my reading.

Though the little things we are going through are tiny compared to what some people endure, there is just a lot happening at the moment that require keeping our eyes on the One who is our Stability.

David made no bones about it. You can almost hear him recalling to mind just Who he is serving. The Lord is my rock. The Lord is my fortress. The Lord is my deliverer. The Lord is my God. The Lord is my strength. The Lord is the one I trust. The Lord is my shield. The Lord is my horn of salvation. The Lord is my stronghold.

I will call on the Lord. The Lord is worthy to be praised. I will be saved.

I don’t know – I just love the way the confidence builds as we see the machine gun like way that David proclaims his faith and how he reminds himself of all that he has in the Lord.

Because the Lord is my rock/fortress/deliverer/God/strength/trust/shield/salvation/stronghold I will call on Him. I will praise Him. I will one day be delivered.

No comments: