Saturday 5 March 2011

The Lord lives!

The LORD lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let the God of my salvation be exalted. – Psalm 18v46

As simple as it sounds and as obvious as it appears here is a truth that is far too easy to forget.

We all face hard times. We are all going to hear bad news. 'THAT' phone call or 'THAT' text ot 'THAT' email or 'THAT' letter can arrive at any moment. Chances are that we can all look back and remember exactly what I am talking about. Remember the feeling in the pit of your stomach, the fear of what might happen next, and the feeling of despair?

I think back myself to those situations. When they do it is so easy to forget the one thing that could and should carry us through.

The Lord lives.

So simple, so true, and so obvious.

And do easy to forget.

No matter what news comes our way, it is vital to remember that all important truth. The Lord lives. He has not died. He is not asleep. He is still on His throne and still in control.

Not only that, he is a Rock. More than that He is MY Rock. He is my place of stability.

Therefore let the God of my salvation, not my trials, be exalted.

No comments: