Thursday 28 April 2011

Against You

For I acknowledge my transgressions, And my sin is always before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight— That You may be found just when You speak, And blameless when You judge. - Psalm 51v3-4

One of the biggest problems in dealing with sin is that we forget who we sin against. We think that we sin against ourselves. That is bad, but we can rationalise it because only we are hurt. We think we sin against others, and we can even rationalise that in our selfishness.

But, the truth is, the one we rally sin against is the God who created and sustains us. We sin against the one who died for us. Our sin is a slap in His face.

'My sin is always before me. Against You, You only have I sinned and done this evil.'

If we could ever realise who we are sinning against I think things would be different. If every time we sinned we saw the face of Christ on the cross we would have to check ourselves.

What temptation are we going to face today? What sin are we going to be drawn to commit? Whatever it is, lets remember the One against whom we are going to sin and act accordingly. 

No comments: