Monday 4 April 2011

Bible it!

For the word of the LORD is right, And all His work is done in truth. - Psalm 33v4

How do we know right from wrong? That is a question we all wonder about at times. With the information superhighway running through our homes and offices and even telephones we are inundated with more potential knowledge than we ever thought possible. Millions of facts are at our fingertips. 'Google it' has become the keyword for anyone looking for anything. My wife teases me that the only reason I bought an iPhone was so that I could Google it to see if something that some one told me was right or wrong.

The problem there is that obviously one 'can't believe everything you see on the internet.' Sources can be and are sometimes just flat out wrong. Sometimes it is intentional and sometimes not, but one thing is sure – just because it is on the internet does not make it right.

I love Googling. I love the ability to find answers on the spot, but I know that I have to be careful when trying to find right and wrong on line.

There is however one place that we can be assured that we will always get the right answer. 'The word of the Lord is right.' God's word is not some Wikipedia where anyone can put something up and claim it as fact. It cannot be edited and it does not need a 'citation needed' disclaimer.

The Bible is right. Whatever God does in done in truth because He is the Truth.

If we can turn 'Google' from a noun into a verb maybe we can do the same with the word of God.

Want to know if it is right or wrong? Want to know how to handle the situation you are facing today?

Bible it!



No comments: