Sunday 22 May 2011

It is good for me

But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works. - Psalm 73v28

Tough times are tough. There is no other way to put it. In the middle of the tough times mentioned yesterday the psalmist came to a conclusion. There was something he could do about it. There was a good to come from all of this.

Psalm 73 is all about trouble, as are many of the psalms. I think God does that because troubles are something everyone can identify with. Though are troubles vary, the concept of trouble itself is a universal one.

So what does the psalmist say in the midst of his own troubles? 'It is good for me to draw near to God.'

Why is that good? Because, 'I have put my trust in the Lord God.'

And what should be the result? 'That I may declare all Your works.'

When the troubles come, and they surely will, it is good to draw close to the Lord. We have, after all, put our trust in Him to get us through those times. Then we can continues to declare His wonderful works to those around us. 

No comments: