Tuesday 20 September 2011

Let me finish




He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him. – Proverbs 18v13

‘Let me finish’ is something that we have all said, had said to us, or probably both more times that we can remember. When we are talking, especially if the discussion gets involved or heated, we often can’t keep our mouth shut till the other person is finished. We have to say our peace without hearing the other person out.

I know from personal experience that more often than not that doesn’t work. Usually, if I had just kept my mouth shut and heard the person out I would have realised that what I had to say was either answered, irrelevant, or downright foolish.

As usual, God has an answer for that – or could I say an ‘app’ (as application) for that.

‘It is foolish and shameful to give an answer before you hear the whole story. That pretty much says it all.

Lord, help me to avoid my foolishness and shame and keep my mouth shut till I hear the whole story. 

No comments: