Tuesday 29 November 2011

Forever salvation




Lift up your eyes to the heavens, And look on the earth beneath. For the heavens will vanish away like smoke, The earth will grow old like a garment, And those who dwell in it will die in like manner; But My salvation will be forever, And My righteousness will not be abolished. – Isaiah 51v6

Everything we see today will one day be gone. It will all be wiped out in a flash. Everything that I work so hard for, all that I relish and cherish, all that catches my eye and draws my attention will be gone. Even the skies I see every day and the ground I stand on will all one day be wiped away.

Today could be a big day. The euro, which some many people put their faith in a decade ago, is in serious trouble. That puts a lot into uncertainty. A lot of folks are afraid today about what might happen. Ireland, which just a few years ago was classified as one of the richest countries in the world, is existing due to the largesse of richer nations today.

The point is where we put our faith and what has our focus. God tells us that all the stuff that is so important to us is going to be gone, everything. In the New Testament He calls these things the invisible and invisible and tells us to focus on the invisible because they are eternal. He tells us ot set of thoughts and affections on things above, not the things here beneath.

The invisible ‘things above’ are salvation and righteousness. They are eternal. When everything else is done and gone God’s salvation and His righteousness will remain. If the euro collapses this week Christ is still my Salvation and He is still righteous.

Praise God that there is something I can hold on to no matter what else happens. 

No comments: