Tuesday 6 December 2011

God’s word – God’s purpose




So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. – Isaiah 55v11

I can get discouraged sometimes at a lack of results and lack of response to God’s word. It seems like we can preach and teach and share and that nothing ever really seems to happen as a result. If we are not careful we may end up asking ourselves why we even bother.

When these thoughts some I need to remind myself of something. God’s ways are not my ways. His thoughts are not my thoughts. His word is not going to accomplish what I want it to do, but it will do what He wants it to do.

God promises that His word will not return to Him void or wasted. Proclaiming God’s word is never a waste. Not matter what we see going on God is at work.

God’s word goes out, He trusts us to proclaim it. All we have to do then is leave the actual results with Him.

His word won’t return void. It will accomplish all that He wants done. It will prosper in the way that He wants it to prosper.

It is not about me and what I get to see done. It is all about Him and His purpose. Trust Him. 

No comments: